Enhancing energy-efficiency with high-performance products and top-of-the-line upgrades is critical for any residential, commercial, or industrial construction. For residential properties, the best and easiest way is to expand on your current home’s efficiency is by replacing vital products with greener, energy-saving alternatives.
At Eco-View Windows & Doors, we’re dedicated to helping homeowners live more efficiently with energy-saving window products, particularly our best-selling double- and triple-pane windows. If you’re currently trying to decide between the two, take a look at the many benefits and unique characteristics of these two popular options for energy-efficient windows: double-pane windows and triple-pane windows.
Benefits of Double Pane Windows
Double-pane windows are the widely preferred choice for new installations and window replacements across the country. Double-pane window installations offer a huge advantage over single-pane windows and can reduce energy costs by up to 25% in colder climates.
In the summer, double-pane windows help to reflect heat from home and retain heat inside in the winter. This means that your home will stay cooler in the summer while retaining heat in the winter. Additionally, double-pane windows are recommended for those who love natural light and are the more affordable option when compared to triple-pane windows.
Benefits of Triple Pane Windows
Although triple-pane windows are more expensive than double-pane windows by a third, this type can reflect up to 97% of energy. For those who prioritize comfort above anything else, this is the better option to choose.
Aside from being cost-effective, the extra pane of glass can also help add more security and keep the noise out. So if your home is located in a noisy city or a busy street, triple-pane windows are preferable over thinner models.
Advantages of Energy-Efficient Windows
While energy-efficient windows are more expensive than ordinary windows, the initial investment tends to pay off over the long run. Here are some advantages
- Long-Term Cost Savings: Energy-efficient windows create a thermal barrier with its insulated vinyl frames and Low-E glass. This means that energy loss from your home will be significantly reduced.
- Natural Light: This type of windows lets you enjoy natural light while at the same time reducing the heat that enters the home.
- Greater Comfort: Aside from reducing the amount of heat energy and noise that enters, energy-efficient windows can be custom-engineered to suit your location’s climate perfectly.
- Prevent Fading: Because energy-efficient products regulate the amount of light that comes through, your furniture, carpet, and other fabrics will not fade and will remain vibrant for many years.
- Customization Options: Energy-efficient windows come in different designs and types such as awning windows, bay windows, bow windows, casement windows, double-hung windows, picture windows, slider windows, vinyl windows, and impact windows. All these can be custom-engineered to meet your unique needs.
Trusted Company for Energy-Efficient Windows
If you’re thinking of replacing your older window products with energy-efficient windows, EcoView windows can help. For over 36 years, we’ve provided top-quality products and expert installation services that will not only boost the value and appeal of your property but also help you enjoy long-term cost savings and a greener lifestyle.
Some of the modern features of our EcoView windows include:
- Multiple-Pane Glass: This minimizes the energy-loss, heat, and noise that enter the home.
- Argon Gas: Argon gas fills the space between the panes to reduce the transfer of energy, saving in energy costs and creating a more comfortable indoor climate.
- SolarFlect™: We offer three grades of Low-E insulating glass that can help maintain a comfortable temperature in your home and prevent harmful sunrays from fading your furniture and carpet.
- Vinyl Frames: EcoView windows’ vinyl frames are durable and have insulating air chambers that prevent energy loss.
If you want to learn more about our products and services, contact EcoView Windows & Doors today via phone or email. You may also book a free in-home estimate by filling out this quick online form.