The front door of your house says a lot about your personality and style. It’s the first thing visitors see when they come to your home, and it makes a statement about what they can expect on the other side. Picking the perfect entry door to your house doesn’t have to be hard. Follow the steps below to choose the right door for your home.
Consider the Best Material for You
- A front door is an exterior part of your house, and therefore needs to be able to endure whatever nature may throw at it. A good front door should be solid, sturdy, and able to withstand the elements and years of use. Front doors can be made of a variety of materials listed below, each with their own characteristics.
- Wood doors are often ornate and beautiful, giving your home a classic look. These doors can have intricate grain patterns, carvings, and rich colors. While wood is a great versatile material for an entry door, it is also expensive, moisture sensitive, and requires a lot of upkeep.
- Fiberglass entry doors are great for those wanting a cheaper option to traditional wood, with the same warm feel. With its smooth surface, fiberglass doors are ideal for painting. They also are long lasting, rust resistant, and energy efficient thanks to their sturdy construction.
- If you’re looking for an affordable and long lasting door, a steel entry door is right for you. Its durability makes it ideal for securing your home from both intruders and any heat or cold from the outside. If cutting energy costs is your top priority, steel’s insulating abilities make this door material a great option.
Think About Style
- A front door says a lot about your personal style and can make a statement about your home. Some style options to consider when choosing a front door include panels, carvings, decorative glass, finishes, colors, and designs.
Keep in Mind Cost
- Different materials can be found at different price ranges. Simpler doors with less ornate designs and those made of synthetic material are going to be the most budget friendly.
- Keep in mind that a quality front door can help you cut down on energy costs, saving you as much as ten percent on energy bills. An energy-efficient door can also boost the overall value of your home and qualify you for certain tax credits.
Choosing a great front door can bring personality to your home and help protect it from nature. Call EcoView today to help you pick the perfect entry door to welcome you home!